Friday 13 September 2013

An Artist's Tail #4 - Exclamation Marking Your Territory




After a late night political rally, I managed to get in a solid eight hour sleep. Cheren and Bianca are nowhere to be seen. This town has already shown off all it’s going to so the only thing left to do is leave it.


Surprisingly comfortable couch in that Pokémon Center.


No official looking guys here this time.


Howdy!


Okay… A gate for travellers?


Something about a Trainer’s School. I don’t need anything like that; Raph and I know what we’re doing.


This new ringtone is kickass.



Oh, hey Mom. You wouldn’t believe all the shit I have to do to get to Nacrene City.


Oh, fine, I won’t swear anymore (to you).


So far, Raph and Fluffy are getting along fine. The Aerodactyl is a bit of a different story, though.


That… makes sense… I guess.


Mom! How did you get here? You don’t have a Pokémon! Those evil dogs and rats would’ve torn you apart!


Yeah, she told us to head there last night.


Okay…


Um… Bye! Don’t get eaten on the way back!


What do you think, Raph? Could you push it aside? Not even gonna try? Fine.


A wild Potion? Score!


Aww… Kitty…


Well done, Raph!

All your crap are belong to me.


Hey, it stole my wild Potion!


!


So that’s how it works. Now I know to never look these incredibly territorial eight-year-olds.


Raph and I are headed for the big leagues, kid. Nobody with a rat could hope to compete with us. Now give me your lunch money.


That’s better.


Lunch money. Now.


“Whatever doesn’t kill you turns you into a dragon!”


It’s happening again!


Good. ‘Cause I really love people giving me money when they lose.


Way to go Fluffy! Now lunch money.


That’s a great idea! I’ll steal it.


Guess what this guy has. Guess how much difference it made to the outcome.


Yes, it uses Tackle. Unlike your dog which just used Leer over and over.


This whole forest looks like it could be cut down!


Oh, I saw these things earlier.


Someone lost $500 worth of stuff out here. Sniff around, Fluffy, we might find a dead body.


Woo! Fluffy learnt how its nose works!


Aerodactyl learnt how its massive jaw works!


They grow up so fast…


Okay, there’s Striato-


Bianca? Are you a ghost? Have you died already? Was that Potion yours?

Oh, you’re just fine.


Can’t we just go into the city first?


Alright, let’s do this. Rock Bird away!


You’re not very hardy for a rock bird…


… But you are damn strong.


Point: Aerodactyl.


Oh-oh. Water vs Rock.


That’s to be expected. No shame in that, Aerodactyl. Go Raph!


Copydog, go!


Good work, Raph! Now use it!


Oh. I just learnt you shouldn’t shoot a water gun at an otter. Just tackle it.


Revenge for Raph!


That’s right. Rock birds and painting dogs are too good for you. You still owe me for my room.


That’s better.


Good luck with that.


The town’s the other w- Never mind. I forgot who I was talking to.


This place looks nice. I guess I’ll start asking around for Fennel. I'm getting kinda hungry.


Knock knock. Do any of you know a Fennel?


I never have enough. Why?


What the hell is this? Some kind of off-brand Pokéball?


Damn, I’m hungry.


I see…


Oh, so it’s some kind of dominatrix thing. I get it now.


Knock knock. Anybody know Fennel?


Second house in the city? Damn I’m good. But if she’s busy I’ll come back later. I really need some food.


Damn.


Oh, a restaurant! That’d be perfect.


Unless he’s the chef, no.


What? Doesn’t he have an obligation to live at the back of the gym like all the other gym leaders?


Is he brushing up on his fundamentals? Better check in with the Pokémon Center and heal up.


So if my Pokémon will die without the bestest potion on the market, I can’t buy it because I haven't stomped my way around the whole country? That’s a stupid idea and it’s not true.


Well I’ll be damned.


Yes. Have you seen him? No? Okay then. Thanks for wasting my time.


Enough of your old wives tales!


Is nobody in this town helpful?


I guess I’ve just missed pickup. This city just has no trash.


That’s great. I asked about Striaton’s Gym Leader.


This is a beautiful park. Maybe Raph and I will take some time out later and paint it. But I need to buy the supplies first. Since everyone important in this town is busy, I’ll come back after reaching Nacrene City.


Really? I can’t leave because I don’t have a Gym Badge? If I get out on that road and find one trainer without a badge, Raph and I will have some new red paint to use.


Another of those off-brand Pokéballs. This town has trash after all. They just decided to leave it in the park instead of put it in a bin


Fine, this is the only thing left in town to do.


“Like how to poison them or cause serious burns.”


I shouldn’t have hoped for it.


Sure. I watched that show about poison and so on.


Uh… You sure this isn’t a common sense test?


Seriously. This isn’t challenging.


Wow, you just gave me something worth $600 for zero effort. You’re due for own game show.


Uh, Cheren? If you need to stand that close, I don’t think your glasses are working for you.


It’s a sad day when the most helpful person in the city is from out of town.


I doubt it. Gym Leaders have a certain look about them.


Sure. Raph's been itching for a rematch.


Hoping to catch me on the stairs again, Cheren?


Fire? Rock beats fire.


That reminds me. We should learn some more moves.


The best attack to use inside is a Fire attack.


Art, burning with passion.


Raph’s fully stocked on attacks. Let’s show Cheren what you learned from Bianca!


I think the fire’s out, Cheren.


Aerodactyl’s still recovering from his millennia of dormancy.


Dog beats cat. It always will.


Gee, Cheren. If you can’t beat me, how are you ever going to beat real trainers? What do you have for me?


Where did you get these? The mart doesn’t sell anything until you win a Gym Badge… You’ve already fought him, haven’t you?


Screw you, Cheren.


Finally. I challenge you to a-!


Smeargle.


Huh? Wait! I was serious! And when does your restaurant open, anyway? It’s like 4pm!


Real pros hang out at the Trainer’s School.


Ha! You’re a novice!


Good work Muggy!


I’m somewhat confident. I mean, exclamation point!


Look at you in that crappy school uniform. That’s the only explanation for why everyone dresses the same around here.


One.


Two.


Three strikes. Get the hell out, punk.


Not even remotely.


Until you get them killed.


Smeargle.


Why does everyone seem surprised by that?


Free monkey? Hell yes.

anaphysik named this
Free monkey. Score.


Free money!



First Gym Battle. You up for it, Raph?

No comments:

Post a Comment